The University has a fully functional entrepreneurship cell. Apart from this, the University has established a Startup Cell also. The cell undertakes the activities for developing entrepreneurial drive amongst students by educating and training them on different aspects of entrepreneurship and provides them necessary mentoring for converting their business ideas into an active business.
Webinar on “Startup Business Idea Development in Lockdown Period”:
Date 17th April, 2020
A webinar was organized by the Start up Cell of the University on “ Start-up Business Idea Development in Lockdown Period” on 17-04-2020. The speaker of the webinar was Shri Pradeep Karambelkar, & Smt. Amruta Shingwekar, VASPL Incubation Centre, Bhopal.Total 56 students attended the webinar . The speakers motivated the students to develop innovative ideas and share with the Start up Cell of the University and the VASPL for further refining the idea for active business. Dr. Shalini Choithrani and Prof. G.L. Puntambekar, In-charge, Placement and Start up Cell described the progress of the Cell and requested to the Director, VASPL for extending incubation support to the students of the University. Dr. Shalini Choithrani extended the Vote of thanks to the speakers and participants.
Webinar on "Roadmap for Start-ups and Innovations in post Covid-19 Scenario."
Date -14th May,2020
A webinar was organised on 14th May, 2020 on the theme "Roadmap for Start-ups and Innovations in post Covid-19 Scenario.".The Chief Guest of the webinar was Dr. Abhay Jere, Chief Innovation Officer, MHRD's Innovation Cell, New Delhi. The Key Note Speaker of the webinar was Shri Hanumant Rao Gaikwad, President, BVG Group, Pune. After the welcome speech delivered by Prof. G.L.Puntambekar, Convener of the webinar and In-charge Placement and Start up Cell, Dr.Jere addressed the participants. He explained the importance of MAP (Mentor, Attitude and Plan) Approach of learning and achieving the goals in the life. He said that by choosing a right mentor, developing attitude of an achiever and a clear plan can help in achieving the career goals. He motivated the students to pursue entrepreneurship as the Government has launched several schemes and policy initiatives to support and develop a eco-system of Start ups. He focused on the need of shifting approach from marks to that of innovativeness for achieving excellence and shared the importance of consistent honing of skills for thinking out of the box.
The Key Note speaker Mr.Gaikwad shares his life story and explained the importance of persistent hard work and clarity of goals as the way of achieving success in almost every sphere of life. He, in detail ,explained about the various unexplored areas in which students can develop an innovative idea and become an entrepreneur. The speakers addressed the queries of students at the end of session. The sessions were highly inspiring for the students. Prof.G.L Puntambekar, in-charge Placement Cell also motivated the students by highlighting the achievements of the Cell in the recent past. The webinar received participation of 145 Faculty members, Research Scholars and students from across the country. The Vice- Chancellor of the University, Prof. R.P.Tiwari also motivated the students and expressed his sincere thanks to the speakers of the webinar. Dr. Shalini Choithrani nicely conducted the webinar extended the vote of thanks.
A glimpse of the activities of the cell in the year 2018-19
- An “Innovation Marathon” was organized on 11th January, 2019 under which 50 business ideas were pitched. The chief guest of the programme was Dr. Unnat Pandit from NITI AAYOG.
- Apart from that two ideas in the stage of development were also presented which were Crypto currency: model for Solution by Mahendra Kumar Patel from MCA and Nirvishi Nirvishi Lab by Dr. Abhilasha Durgawanshi, Dr. Pooja Mishra, Ms. Priyanka Pahade, Ms. Soumya Puntambekar, a women led lab for empowering women of Bundelkhand region were also presented before the guest.The guest appreciated the innovation.
- A workshop and Business Idea Competition titled “Design thinking and Business Idea Competition” was organized on 17th July 2019, sponsored by MSME Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh. The eminent speaker was Mr. Aakarshan Sethi from Singex Solutions, Delhi.
Five web-based startups have been launched by the students of the University in the year 2019 and many more are in the process of development. The list of these startups is as under
|1||MSG Rooms||Rental Room Service Provider||Aman Karosia|
|2||Shoptrackk||An online grocer service Provider||Raja Chaurasia and Hari|
|3||Artbeats||A web platform selling customized gifts and
|4||FTMagnify||A website offering complete Tax services||Rahul Kumar|
|5||Enlighten Brains||A website for motivation and support of students||Roshan Motwani|
- An Innovative business idea Competition was organized on the theme “Disruptive Product” on 11 April, 2018 in which 09 business ideas were presented. Prizes were given to three best ideas. The event was judged by Prof. Sanjay Jain, Prof U.K. Patil.
- The students of the university participated in the boot camp Startup Yatra, Madhya Pradesh organized by MSME, Govt. Of M.P.at Dr. Harisingh Gour University on 25th July, 2018 and pitched 73 ideas before the jury. Out of this, 23 ideas were selected for the grand finale that took place at SGITS, Indore from 1-3rd August, 2018. Out of these twenty-three ideas, four ideas won first, second and third prize in four different categories worth Rs. 1, 75,000 respectively and 19 ideas received pre incubation offers from various Incubation centers of the State.